Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It shouldn't be this easy....


video


Now, is it me or is it just way too easy to give Jordan her shot? She's amazing. We've been doing the injections now for about 2 months and she's ready to do it on her own. She's had no side effects which is great and up until this past week or so her joints looked and felt good. She's been saying her knees hurt in the morning again so who knows what's going on in her little body. Her eyes have not responded at all to the Enbrel and that scares me. If her eyes don't respond we may need to up her current medications, switch to something else or add yet another icky med. I pray she responds but she's a stubborn little girl (and so is her body) so I'm not expecting it any time soon.


School starts on Tuesday and hopefully she gets another understanding teacher. I was thinking that I may go in one day and talk to the class about Jordan's arthritis. Last year there were a few kids who didn't understand why Jordan got to sat in a chair instead of the floor like the rest of the class and why she was always seeing the nurse. I don't expect 5-6 year olds to fully understand but I'd like them to see that Jordan isn't faking when she says she hurts or doesn't feel well.


And a recent picture if the kids. These 2 fight like cats and dogs but really they'd be lost without each other. Matthew is going to be so bored when school starts.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Wow! I must say I'm amazed as well. But then again Jordan is amazing altogether! However there is NO way any of my kids (or any kid I know) would take shots so easily. It truly shows she's had to many. XOXO