Friday, August 22, 2008

This is what's keeping me busy these days

Other then the kids of course! I've started crocheting again!! It has been well over a year since I tried to make Miss J a replacement for Pink. I couldn't get it right so I gave up. One day Matty and I were in Walmart and I was in the craft section to buy some cake stuff for J's birthday. After getting what I needed I strolled down the knitting/crochet aisle. I saw a teach yourself to crochet book that had a set of hooks, so I got it. Within a day or 2 I was making the kids cuddle blankets. Next thing I knew I was making blankets for Nathan and Charlie. Rick also asked for one so I'm in the process of making one for him. I'm working on his between the other projects I have going. I came across an awesome superhero afghan ... AKA the Spidey web afghan. Matty saw it and screamed that he NEEDED one for his bed. I thought this would be the perfect gift for his birthday. I started on it Sunday while the kids were with Grandma and I work on it after they're in bed. Normally it would take me about 2 weeks to finish but since I only get to work on it for about 1-2 hours a day, I'm hoping it's done by his party. It's awesome and I know he's going to love it!


These are the others I've made over the past few months.

This is for the new baby Tracey and Scot are expecting

This was for a friend


This one is Charlie's

And this is the replacement for Pink. And I made a matching doll blanket for her. Jordan picked out the yarn and pattern. We're finally on the way to putting Pink up so she doesn't totally fall apart.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Awesome stac! I love all of these!