Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fall

It's finally cooling down and I never thought I'd be so happy to have temps in the upper 60's. After living in Ventura for 5 years I forgot what it was like to have months of 90+ heat. I don't like it. I'm sure we'll have a few more days of heat but for the most part I think fall is here.

Bub likes school. I was a little worried but he took right to it. He's doing good, likes his teacher and seems to be a lot like Jordan. He's smart but he's jumping ahead and making little mistakes that could be avoided if he'd just sit a little longer and listen to directions. Always in a hurry to get things done first ;)

Matty had his birthday and it turned out pretty good. I think I like the idea of doing something on the small side. We went to the house of the giant rat and he had a good time. I made his cake, my first attempt at an ice cream cake even, and it turned out really good. No need to buy one from Baskin Robbins anymore :)



Jordan is doing really well. She likes school but like her brother she's in a hurry and makes little mistakes. She's reading very well and she's becoming an amazing little artist. She got an award last week for creativity. She gets her artistic talent from Auntie Trace :)


Rick started school last month. He really likes it and hopefully in about 6-7 months he'll be out of FedEx. Other then the benefits I see nothing good about that company. They run their drivers into the ground and when one gets hurt because they're running around trying to make their crazy number of stops in time. The company is evil. Really.

I'm OK. Still trying to understand what exactly I have. More tests showed that I have even more issues then we thought. But I'm on meds now and they are helping.

So that's out little update. Nothing major happening at this time. Lets hope it stays that way :)

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Congrats to J for her award! Sounds like everyone is doing well. Yikes about Ricks job and them running them into the ground! That's terrible but I'm glad he has a plan to get out of there soon! And your cake is awesome! I've never made an ice cream cake before so if I dare try it than I'm coming back for instructions!