Sunday, October 10, 2010

A quick update!


But first, isn't she beautiful?? My baby girl has the most amazing eyes. Yes, I'm Momma so I'm allowed to say so :)

So, the inflammation is better but it wasn't totally gone when we went for our follow up a week after we noticed the flare. We're sllloooooowwwllllyyyyy tapering off the pred drops and we have a follow up again on 10/23, I think. Gosh, either J or I have appts once a week. They all run together....

She's doing better as far as (the minor) joint swelling and pain go. The Aleve twice a day is wonderful. I wish J would just TELL ME WHEN SHE HURTS!!! I understand not wanting to be different but I can't believe she keeps it to herself. Everyone knows when I don't feel good or hurt. Not that I go telling everyone but I do remind the kids sometimes the Momma isn't feeling 100%. Can't she do the same?

I see the new rheumy again tomorrow. I like her so far. She told me that my labs for lupus came back either negative or slightly elevated. However, it doesn't mean I don't have it. I have been on treatment for over a year now so that could be why. I got my records from my first rheumy who diagnosed me in July '09 and I think he's a quack! There are sooo many mistakes about symptoms I have/had and my bladder issues! Seizures is written as fever, which I get messed up in the dictation, but these are medical professionals and I expect better record keeping. I have lab reports from 3 different labs. I understand, I think. One lab stated that I am ANA positive with a speckled pattern, the other does not. One states I have APS. Rheumy tells me I have APS and I should start taking aspirin daily. I do, but there is no record of him telling me to do so in my records!!!! I don't understand any of it so tomorrow, I'm going to have a long talk with the new rheumy to figure out what exactly is wrong with me, what meds I need to be on and what I can ditch. It will be an interesting appt I think!

No comments: