Sunday, January 30, 2011

Our little secret

If you're a FaceBook friend you've seen me talk about a secret. Well, it's time to share that secret :)

Last year at one of J's appointments I was given info about The Jeffrey Gottfurcht Children’s Arthritis Foundation. JGCAF grants "dreams" for kids with juvenile arthritis. Dr. B insisted I applied for Jordan, so I did. Months passed and I totally forgot about it.

I got an email in early to mid December saying that Jordan was selected. Things had changed as far as her treatment went and this really couldn't have come at a better time for her.

So, instead of getting the kids up and off to school on Tuesday we will be picked up and head off to The Grove and spend the day at American Girl Place.

Jordan knows she was selected for a dream because I had to find out what she wanted to do. She wants an American Girl doll, so we went with that. She thinks she's getting *a* doll and has NO idea what she's in for :)

Matthew is so excited for her. He knows what's going on and that Tuesday is a special day. He knows we're getting picked up by a limo and this is a special day for J. I talked to him about all of this over the weekend because I wanted to see if he'd feel left out or jealous. Not the case at all. He's happy that Jordan is being treated to a FUN day because she has arthritis. He said she needs this. God, I love my boy.

Photos and a post about our day will be up some time on Wednesday. Thursday at the latest.

If you happen to see us tomorrow PLEASE!!!! don't say anything! Jordan has NO IDEA! NONE! I can't wait to see her face!

2 comments:

Amy Cunningham said...

Oooooh boy this made me cry, and I already knew! LOL! I am so happy for ALL of you. I think this is JUST what you needed. I cannot WAIT to see the pics and hear, well READ all about it!

Jacob's Mom said...

How exciting!!!!! I am so happy for you guys! Can't wait to see pictures as well! Hope she has the time of her life!