Monday, February 21, 2011

There is a reason for everything.

Yes, we've all heard that over and over again but it is the honest to God truth.

Our life isn't what we had planned it to be. But really, how many people have a plan and actually stick to it? We all think we know what we want and need but then something happens and your faced with a reality you didn't expect.

Our reality is autoimmune arthritis. Blah, blah... I say that all the time, I know. But if J didn't have JA our family would have missed out meeting some amazing people. I've met several mothers in the same situation I was in 6 years ago. Lost, confused, hopeless and not having any idea what the future held for my child. I still don't know what the future holds for Jordan but I know she will be OK. I've met some amazing young women who have lived with this disease since they were just babies. The pain and struggles they've been through are hard to hear but they are here and they are a functional part of society. They advocate for themselves and the thousands and thousands of children just like Jordan.

I can say the hardest thing to do as a mother is watch my child suffer but God has a reason for it. He is using Jordan to educate people about this disease. And I'm not forcing her to do this, she wants to do the videos and share them with anyone and everyone willing to watch!

Big things are in the works with the help of a little girl. God is using my baby in way I never imagined.

3 comments:

Deetipton said...

Ok, that is awesome!!! I'm trying to encourage Em to help more, but she's just not ready. I LOVE hearing about how these kids are pro- active and helping to do what they can!
And I totally understand the rest of it, too. I have also met some amazing people that have really helped to change my life, and I have helped others through it. I always searched for a way to help... I just never expected it would be like this. I try to find the blessings in everything. It's always there somewhere...

Stacey said...

Exactly! I had no idea how vocal I would be about JA. I am so blessed to have "met" you and your Emily and the other families. I know that J will be OK because I've been able to hear from the older kids with JA. Of course there are always going to be challenges but it's nothing we can't overcome :)

Nancy said...

Stacey...tell J thank you so much for being so brave and strong to let you share this. To risk sounding patronizing (which I don't mean to be)--She is my SUPER HERO!:) If she & all the little ones can do it--adults should not complain about a thing.I too have met some of my closest friends because of my health issues, and wouldn't change that for the world. I KNOW God has chosen you all and the rest of us to do our part to educate the misunderstood and celebrate the lives we have!!