Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Quotation Inspiration


Monday, April 2, 2012

“I have this thing called psoriatic arthritis….”
                                    Phil Mickelson for Enbrel

If you know me, you know how much I hate care for this commercial. First let me say, IF this drug really works for him, that’s great. He’s one of the few who I have talked to who responded to Enbrel. I wonder what other meds Mr. Mckelson is on because these type of meds work best when used with a disease modifying anti-rheumatic drug, DMARD, like MTX.

One of the things that bugs me most about this is the fact that this commercial downplays the severity of autoimmune (AI) arthritis. It shows Mr. Mickelson out playing golf like he always has. If you live with AI arthritis, you know life isn’t so easy. Just getting out of bed in the morning isn’t easy. There are days where I need to take pain meds just to put my feet on the floor.

I wish people in the public eye would use their celebrity to show the world the REALITY we face day in and day out.

1 comment:

Regine Lyne-Carter said...

Well said!
I have felt this way for years as an autoimmune arthritis patient. Seeing the celebrity "patients" go off riding bikes, playing golf, swimming, etc. is disheartening.
Our friends, employers and loved ones may not understand why we do not "spring back to life" when we try new meds or if they do not work for us - or worse yet, if they make us feel worse. Thanks for this. It helps to have a discussion point!
Regine