Sunday, May 5, 2013

Trying something different

So, here is something that I typically don't do. I am a firm believer in science and studies and PROOF that something works as far as my medical treatment goes. After all these years, and med after med after med, I decided to look into stones and the healing powers some believe they hold. I have ALWAYS been drawn to amethyst and sapphire. Once I started researching healing stones I realized out why. Of course, they're beautiful but now I'm wondering if there is more to it.

"Sapphires--

Known as the "wisdom stone", each colour of Sapphire brings its own particular wisdom.  It releases mental tension, depression, unwanted thoughts and spiritual confusion.  Sapphire restores balance within the body, aligning the physical, mental and spiritual planes, bringing serenity and peace of mind.  It stimulates concentration, brings lightness, joy and peace of mind.  Sapphire is also known as a "stone of prosperity", attracting gifts of all kinds and fulfilling dreams and desires.

Sapphire treats blood disorders, combatting excessive bleeding and strengthening the walls of the veins.  It is used for cellular disorders, regulates the glands and calms overactive body systems."

Interesting. "It is used for cellular disorders, regulates the glands and calms overactive body systems."

Most autoimmune diseases are caused by an overactive immune system. My AI diseases are a result of an overactive immune system.


"Amethyst--

Amethyst is a powerful and protective stone.  It guards against psychic attack, transmuting the energy into love and protecting the wearer from all types of harm, including geopathic or electromagnetic stress and ill wishes from others.  Amethyst is a natural tranquilizer, it relieves stress and strain, soothes irritability, balances mood swings, dispels anger, rage, fear and anxiety.  Alleviates sadness and grief, and dissolves negativity.  Amethyst activates spiritual awareness, opens intuition and enhances psychic abilities.  It has strong healing and cleansing powers.  Amethyst encourages sobriety, having a sobering effect on overindulgence of alcohol, drugs or other addictions.  It calms and stimulates the mind, helping you become more focused, enhancing memory and improving motivation.  Amethyst assists in remembering and understanding dreams.  It relieves insomnia.  Encourages selflessness and spiritual wisdom.

Amethyst boosts hormone production, tunes the endocrine system and metabolism.  It strengthens the immune system, reduces pain and strengthens the body to fight against cancer. It destroys malignant tumours and aids in tissue regeneration.  Cleanses the blood.  Relieves physical, emotional and psychological pain or stress.  Amethyst eases headaches and releases tension.  It reduces bruising, swellings, injuries, and treats hearing disorders.  Amethyst heals diseases of the lungs and respiratory tract, skin conditions, cellular disorders and diseases of the digestive tract."

Most of what amethyst claims to do, would be nice. I stress. A lot. I worry about things that I have absolutely no control over and never would in a million years. It's just who I am. 

"Relieves physical, emotional and psychological pain or stress.  Amethyst eases headaches and releases tension.  It reduces bruising, swellings, injuries, and treats hearing disorders.  Amethyst heals diseases of the lungs and respiratory tract, skin conditions, cellular disorders and diseases of the digestive tract."

Did you read that? Amethyst could help relieve tension, stress, headaches and PAIN. PAIN. 

Again, I am one who needs scientific proof that something works. So, why am I willing to give this a chance? Because I've lived my entire life in PAIN. Some days are worse than others and there were years where I don't remember having constant pain. I guess some could say I'm getting desperate or I'm giving up on traditional therapies. Neither are true. I'm willing to open myself up to different options. I'm not so stuck in my ways that I only see one answer anymore. Science and medicine haven't failed me or Jordan. I know without our current treatments we would be much worse than we are now. I asked Rick if he thought I was crazy for researching healing stones and he told me no. He said he's all for trying anything as long as we also stick to traditional medicine. We, Jordan and I, have changed our diet. I followed her lead. She wanted to go gluten free to see how her stomach felt. She did good. I know you are supposed to go totally GF to see results but we see them now. We know that when she has too much of something that she knows has gluten, she won't feel well. Her stomach will bother her and she knows she has the power to control that.

I've started eating more fresh fruit and vegetables. I don't eat much red meat to begin with so that really isn't an issue for me. I've been having GI issues for about 18 months now and my doctors don't know why. I've had test after test, but nothing shows up. Typical Stacey. They'll figure it out in about 10 years. In the mean time, I've lost over 30 pounds. 25 of that was before I changed my diet. Nothing has changed except my stomach hurts almost daily. I have to eat small meals, if I can eat at all. I drink mostly water these days. On occasion I'll have an adult drink or a coke but I can go months without it. I don't drink milk or have dairy often so it's not my lactose intolerance acting up. I believe my RA is attacking my GI system. I have no proof but, no one has proof it isn't. Tests mean nothing when it comes to me. "But your rheumatoid factor, CRP, ESR and all those other tests we do for RA are all negative. You can't have RA so I'll diagnose you with UCTD, undifferentiated connective tissue disease," said rheumatologist number one. Turns out that he gives just about all his patients that diagnosis when he can't figure out what's really going on. It's now well known that I do have RA, I just don't make the typical antibodies that are seen in the disease. In fact, 30% of RA patients don't which is why it takes some of us years to get an official diagnosis. Rheumy number 4 took a chance, looked at my family history and started me on Enbrel. It worked enough to prove I have RA but it wasn't enough so I started Remicade because J did so well on it at the time.

All this long babbling nonsense has brought me to this: 



I bought myself this heart amethyst pendant. It's not cut all fancy and it's not what you would find in a typical jewelery store. I was drawn to it as soon as I walked into the store. Is it going to help me feel better? I don't know. I wear sapphire daily and it hasn't done much to calm my overactive immune system. Or, maybe it has. Maybe I should be much worse or have severe organ involvement like others I know but don't because I'm always wearing my ring. The fact is, no one knows for sure. For $25 I have a pretty pendant that I like to touch because it is smooth. Which in turn, does calm me. Is it going to reduce my pain or swelling? I'd like to think it might.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have the stones helped at all?